What follows is the path traced by Marine Foods in its more than 40 years in the seafood business.
- Started out at Chuo-ku,Tokyo.
Started development and importing of overseas marine product raw materials.
- Construction of Tokyo Plant (Chofu,Tokyo)
- Construction of NO.2 Tokyo Plant.
- Joined Nippon Ham Group with a 100% investment by Nippon Ham Co.,Ltd.,
taking charge of the Marine Products Department.
- Moved headquarters to 3-13-1 Shibaura, Minato-ku, Tokyo.
Raw Material Department.
Construction of Mie Plant in Mie Prefecture.
- Closed Tokyo Plant, and moved its work to Mie Plant.
- Expanded waste water treatment facilities at Mie Plant.
- Construction of large-scale refrigeration/freezer facilities.
Opened Mie General Delivery Center.
- Expanded one building for food packaging center at Mie Plant.
- The 3 sales companies integrated into The Marine Foods Co.,Ltd.
- Moved Headquarters to 2-1-1 Osaki, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo.
- Entered the bluefin tuna aquaculture business in Japan with establishment of Uwakai Marinefarm Co.,Ltd. As a joint company.
- Acquired the right to participate in the auction of seafood and other fresh produce on the Tsukiji Market of the Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market.
- Uwakai Marinefarm Co.,Ltd. became a wholly owned subsidiary of The Marine Foods Co.,Ltd.
- Established "Kushiro Marusui Co., Ltd.".
- Obtained ISO9001 certification at Mie Factory.
Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the founding of "Marine Foods Co., Ltd.".
- Invested in Tan Nhat Marine Farm and entered the shrimp farming business in Vietnam.
- Invested in aquamarine farm and entered the shrimp farming business in Thailand.
- Acquired part of the fishery trading business and frozen food business from Hoko Co., Ltd.
Established MF Vietnam Started overseas processing business of sushi seeds.
Obtained ISO9001 certification at the head office.
- Merged with Uwakai Marine Farm Co., Ltd.
Vladivostok office opened.
- Became a wholly owned subsidiary of Sojitz Corporation through the transfer of shares of Nippon Ham Co., Ltd.
- Moved Headquarters to 3-1-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo.